Firmware Version Changelog – Mach II
- Updated time zone list
- Improved operation for configurations with limited upload schedules
- Improved performance in Low Power Mode;
- Improvements to camera time handling
- Increased trigger time to improve performance on some cameras during their sleep state
- Improved photo schedule handling parameters
- Improved performance in Low Power Mode;
- Reduced power consumption when using an external drive and shooting very fast at the same time
- Ensured camera has sufficient time to save all photos to the SD card at the end of a session.
- Improved APN connection logic.
- Improved handling of camera when transferring files to the external drive to ensure better file copying.
- The largest storage volume is now formatted when requesting a format of the external drive.
- Photo folders are now always created when required on an external drive.
- Changes to defaults for start-up where no configuration is available, to take photos and upload at 5-minute intervals, and set the ‘Save to external’ and ‘Upload’ extensions to both RAW and JPG.
- Changes to regular power-on sequence to seek configuration, perform synchronisation, photo capture and status updates before beginning regular processing.
- Changes to seconds-shooting interval and Low Power Mode shooting to synchronise only at the end of the session, to reduce interruptions on the camera during the photo-taking session.
- HTTP Pipelining implemented to improve performance with End of Day uploads.
- Reduced the potential for corruption of the external drive when physically removing it.
- Adjusted format of external drive function to create a single partition from all available space.
- New error codes implemented to report specific causes of particular camera and controller problems.
- Improved camera connectivity
- Improved communication with slow cameras
- Added additional camera logging capabilities
- Camera software update to resolve some camera errors
- Camera now switches off at the end of an LPM session
- Improved camera reporting when it is busy syncing to external drive
- Improved system reports when voltage drops below shutdown threshold
- Firmware upgrade can occur at battery voltage of 7.4V instead of 7.9V
- System checks and verifies external drive contents
- Improved network connection reliability
- Improved handling of network dropout during photo uploads
- Improved ability to continue to take pictures regardless of network failures
- Improved system time and clock
- Improved burst mode ability
- Improved handling of USB drive issues
- Improved time-out handling
- Default image capture changed to every 5 minutes 24/7
- Secure uploads are checked to ensure they’re complete
- Vodafone APN ‘live.vodafone.com’ added to default APN list
- Improved modem power management
- Improved network performance and reliability
- Improves power switch handling
- Improves how low power mode handles image timestamps
- Setup mode attempts network connection to provide network information
- Now uploads securely with HTTPS
- Continued retry of connection after encountering outages
- Improved End of Day upload reliability and speed
- Improved the firmware update process
- Improved camera operation for some Nikon models in low-light
- Improved photo management on internal storage
- Improves camera power management during an upload
- Improved handling of taking pictures when external storage is full
- External voltage reading cap of 17.6V removed
- SIM PINs now supported
- Can obtain diagnostic file from USB key
- Low Power Mode implemented
- Optus APN ‘connect’ added to default APN list
- Modem information now provided to assist with troubleshooting potential connectivity issues
- Improve modem connections on cellular networks with specific APN sending requirements
- Improved external drive performance when low on free space
- Improves network performance and reliability
- Saved APN is cleared if connection is unsuccessful
- Cell information is now sent by the unit
- Improved external drive synchronising
- Improved file handling on D7200 to reduce large folder count
- Improves how system handles manually captured image uploads
- Recovers from Real Time Clock failure