SD Card Deletion Issues
The photoSentinel unit is not deleting photos from the microSD card as expected.
Possible Event Code Triggers
- Error while trying to delete photos (228)
You can find the triggering event code and when it occurred by viewing the System Messages on the Status page for this installation. System Messages are indicated with an * next to the Status.
- On the Mach II, photos saved on the microSD card should be deleted after any scheduled actions have been completed (uploaded and/or synced to external drive).
- Mach II: Check that your ‘Photo Handling’ configuration is correct. You can change these settings from your installation’s Config page under ‘Photo Handling’. You can set requirements for when the system deletes a file from the microSD card. These settings won’t affect the camera’s capture settings. Recommended settings: Upload: ‘jpeg only’ and Save to external drive: ‘save jpeg and raw’.
- Format the microSD card to remove corruption on the card that may be causing errors. You can format the card from your installation’s Config page under ‘Advanced options’
- Pro or Mini: ‘Format SD card…’, then click ‘Save’.
- Mach II: ‘Delete all photos from the camera SD card…’, then click ‘Save’.
This will clear all photos from the microSD card. Photos that haven’t been uploaded, or synced to the external drive, will be lost. With an End of Day upload schedule, you can attempt to upload the missed photos, otherwise a photo backup will require a site visit.
To set an End of Day upload, go to your installation’s Config page and find the ‘End of day uploading’ section. Tick the checkbox and choose a time to upload. The schedule must not coincide with your regular photo taking intervals. You can select a date range to look for specific photos to upload.
Updating to the latest firmware can improve system behaviour. Contact our Support Team to update the firmware remotely.
- Format the microSD card from the camera menu or replace it via camera settings. To access camera settings:
- Mach II and Pro: Switch the controller to SETUP/Camera test mode.
- Mini: Switch the controller to Camera test mode, and the camera to ON.
Formatting the microSD card will clear all photos. Photos that haven’t been uploaded, or copied to another device, will be lost.
- A microSD card for Pro or Mini should be Class 4 or lower, and NON UHS-I spec.
- If using Canon 1300D, consider replacing this camera for another model, as the camera’s own software is preventing the photos from being deleted.
If this article did not resolve your issue, please contact our Support Team.