Low SD Card Space
The free space on the microSD card has dropped below 64MB, and the system will stop taking photos if no action is taken.
Possible Event Code Triggers
- No event code.
You can find the triggering event code and when it occurred by viewing the System Messages on the Status page for this installation. System Messages are indicated with an * next to the Status.
- Check that your delete threshold is NOT set to “0”, which does not allow for the automatic deletion of the oldest photos. This will ensure there is always free space for new photos. You can change these settings from your installation’s Config page under ‘Advanced Settings’ in the section ‘Start deleting old photos when free space gets below…’. Enter an amount greater than zero (64MB is most common) and click ‘Save’. This will clear some of the older photos, to create free space.
- Format the microSD card to create free space. You can format the card from your installation’s Config page under ‘Advanced options’
- Pro or Mini: ‘Format SD card…’, then click ‘Save’.
- Mach II: ‘Delete all photos from the camera SD card…’, then click ‘Save’.
This will clear all photos from the microSD card. Photos that haven’t been uploaded, or synced to the external drive, will be lost. With an End of Day upload schedule, you can attempt to upload the missed photos, otherwise a photo backup will require a site visit.
To set an End of Day upload, go to your installation’s Config page and find the ‘End of day uploading’ section. Tick the checkbox and choose a time to upload. The schedule must not coincide with your regular photo taking intervals. You can select a date range to look for specific photos to upload.
- Retrieve the footage onsite from the microSD card by copying it to a backup. To access camera settings:
- Mach II and Pro: Switch the controller to SETUP/Camera test mode.
- Mini: Switch the controller to Camera test mode, and the camera to ON.
- Format the microSD card from the camera menu or replace it* via camera settings (see above).
Formatting the card will clear all photos. Photos that haven’t been uploaded, or copied to another device, will be lost.
* A microSD card for Pro or Mini should be Class 4 or lower, and NON UHS-I spec.
If this article did not resolve your issue, please contact our Support Team.