Firmware Version Changelog – photoSentinel Mach II
Please see the release notes for the photoSentinel Mach II firmware versions below.
For information on how to update the firmware, please go to the ‘Update the Firmware on a photoSentinel Controller‘ page.
- Changes to defaults for start-up where no configuration is available, to take photos and upload at 5-minute intervals, and set the ‘Save to external’ and ‘Upload’ extensions to both RAW and JPG.
- Changes to regular power-on sequence to seek configuration, perform synchronisation, photo capture and status updates before beginning regular processing.
- Changes to seconds-shooting interval and Low Power Mode shooting to synchronise only at the end of the session, to reduce interruptions on the camera during the photo-taking session.
- HTTP Pipelining implemented to improve performance with End of Day uploads.
- Reduced the potential for corruption of the external drive when physically removing it.
- Adjusted format of external drive function to create a single partition from all available space.
- New error codes implemented to report specific causes of particular camera and controller problems.
- Improved camera connectivity
- Improved communication with slow cameras
- Added additional camera logging capabilities
- Released in 4.5.1:
Camera software update to resolve some camera errors
- Camera now switches off at the end of an LPM session
- Improved camera reporting when it is busy syncing to external drive
- Improved system reports when voltage drops below shutdown threshold
- Firmware upgrade can occur at battery voltage of 7.4V instead of 7.9V
- System checks and verifies external drive contents
- Improved network connection reliability
- Improved handling of network dropout during photo uploads
- Improved ability to continue to take pictures regardless of network failures
- Improved system time and clock
- Improved burst mode ability
- Improved handling of USB drive issues
- Improved time-out handling
- Released in 4.4.0:
Default image capture changed to every 5 minutes 24/7
Secure uploads are checked to ensure they’re complete
Vodafone APN ‘live.vodafone.com’ added to default APN list
Improved modem power management
Improved network performance and reliability
Improves power switch handling
Improves how low power mode handles image timestamps
- Released in 4.2:
Setup mode attempts network connection to provide network info
Now uploads securely with HTTPS
Continued retry of connection after encountering outages
Improved End of Day upload reliability and speed
- Improved the firmware update process
- Released in 4.1.1:
Improved camera operation for some Nikon models in low-light
- Released in 4.1:
Improved photo management on internal storage
- Improves camera power management during an upload
- Improved handling of taking pictures when external storage is full
- External voltage reading cap of 17.6V removed
- SIM PINs now supported
- Can obtain diagnostic file from USB key
- Low Power Mode implemented
- Optus APN ‘connect’ added to default APN list
- Modem information now provided to assist with troubleshooting potential connectivity issues
- Improve modem connections on cellular networks with specific APN sending requirements
- Released in 3.2:
Improved external drive performance when low on free space
Improves network performance and reliability
Saved APN is cleared if connection is unsuccessful
- Released in 3.1:
Cell info is now sent by the unit
Improved external drive syncing
Improved file handling on D7200 to reduce large folder count
Improves how system handles manually captured image uploads
Recovers from Real Time Clock failure
If this article did not resolve your issue, please contact our Support Team.