Getting Started: photoSentinel Tempo
Follow the steps below to get started with your new photoSentinel Tempo.
Step 1 - Log in to Control Hub
The photoSentinel Control Hub is your online portal for configuring and monitoring your system.
Control Hub is found at setup.photosentinel.com.au. You will perform many of the steps below in Control Hub, so head there now and bookmark for future reference.
You should have received an email with login credentials for Control Hub. If not, check your spam folder or contact our Support team.
Step 2 - Create an Installation
- Create an installation: In order to configure your system and view your images you will first need to create a new installation in Control Hub. Instructions for doing so can be found here.
- Select a Cloud Services plan: When you create your new installation, you will be prompted to select a Cloud Services plan to use for the duration of your project. Details of each Cloud Services plan can be found here. (And make sure you calculate your cellular data usage to work out how much total photo upload storage your project requires.)
Step 3 - Set up and test your hardware
Follow the video tutorial above to set-up your equipment and check that it is connecting to the network and uploading photos.
Test your system for at least 24 hours before proceeding with on-site installation, checking that photos are being uploaded correctly and with the desired camera settings.
Step 4 - Configure your settings
- Configure your shooting schedule: Set up your project’s Schedule, including your day-to-day shoot and upload regime, as well as any special Event Schedules. Learn how here.
- Set your System Alert preferences: Alerts and Notifications let you know if your system behaves unexpectedly or has a critical issue. By default, System Alert notifications are enabled and will be sent to your email and phone, so check that your details are correct. You can change your Alerts and Notification preferences at any time by following the instructions here.
- Set up your Primary Photo Forwarding integration: Add a primary Photo Forwarding location to back-up your photos. You can choose Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, Amazon S3, or your own private FTP/FTPS server by following these instructions.
- Create a Project Homepage with client access: Set up a custom branded portal for your clients to view their photos on photoSentinel’s professional HTML5 gallery. You can set your project homepage to be public, or keep it password protected. To create your Project Homepage and client login, follow the steps outlined here.
Step 5 - Install on site
Once you’ve configured your system and thoroughly tested it, you are now ready to install on-site!
Refer back to the setup tutorial in Step 3 for on-site installation tips.
Other Useful Information
The following links contain additional information you may find helpful, to get the most out of your project.
- Remote Camera Control: Remote Camera Control allows you to make changes to whatever camera settings your camera supports right from your Capture Config page. You can schedule camera settings changes to take place, even stringing changes together to capture elaborate sequences. You can also use it to fix small camera settings mistakes without a site visit. Learn more here.
- The Professional Gallery: The Professional Gallery style displays your photos in a clean, responsive environment, ideal for presenting your photos to clients. Learn how to use all the features here.
- Estimate your data usage: You can estimate your system’s month-to-month cellular data usage in advance to budget accordingly using our Data Calculator.
- Recommended DSLR settings: Use our recommended camera settings for the best results from your time-lapse project.
- Recommended intervals: Our article on shooting intervals will let you make an informed decision about what intervals you should use for your project.
- Scheduled Maintenance: To keep your data secure we make sure our cloud services are kept up to date. Our article on scheduled maintenance explains this, allowing you to plan around any interruptions.