SD Card Deletion Issues
The photoSentinel unit is not deleting photos from the microSD card as expected.
Possible Event Code Triggers
- Error while trying to delete photos (228)
You can find the triggering event code and when it occurred by viewing the System Messages on the Status page for this installation. System Messages are indicated with an * next to the Status.
- On Tempo: Check that your Photo File Handling configuration is correct. You can change these settings from your installation’s Config page under Photo File Handling. You can set the system to delete oldest file from the SD card when free space drops below 64 MB. These settings won’t affect the camera’s capture settings. Recommended settings: Files to upload to cloud: JPEG and Files to transfer to SDD: JPEG + RAW.
- Updating to the latest firmware can improve system behaviour. Contact our Support Team to update the firmware remotely.
- Format the SD card to remove corruption on the card that may be causing errors. Formatting SD the card will clear all photos and those that have not been uploaded or copied to an external drive will be lost. Set an upload session (Tempo) or an End of Day upload session (Mach II) to attempt to process the remaining photos, otherwise a photo backup will require a site visit. You can format the SD card from your installation’s Config page under Advanced options/settings
- Tempo and Mach II: Select On next connection, delete all photos from camera CF/SD card and then Save/Save advanced settings.
- Pro or Mini: Select Format SD card and then Save
Upload Session (Tempo): To learn how to set an upload session, read our knowledge base article on Scheduling.
End of Day Upload Session (Mach II): To set an End of Day upload, go to your installation’s Config page and find the End of day uploading section. Tick the checkbox and choose a time to upload. Your schedule must not coincide with your regular photo taking intervals. You can select a date range to look for specific photos to upload.
- Format the SD card on-site from the camera menu or replace it via camera settings. To access camera settings:
- Tempo, Mach II and Pro: Switch the controller to SETUP/Camera test mode.
- Mini: Switch the controller to Camera test mode, and the camera to ON.
Formatting the microSD card will clear all photos. Photos that haven’t been uploaded, or copied to another device, will be lost.
- Pro or Mini Only: You can verify the microSD card for the Pro or Mini is Class 4 or lower, and NON UHS-I spec
- If using Canon 1300D, consider replacing this camera for another model, as the camera’s own software is preventing the photos from being deleted.