Camera Clock Issues
Free space is decreasing but there are no new files OR the photoSentinel unit is saving photos with an incorrect timestamp. Possible camera time problem.
Possible Event Code Triggers
Camera time problem (CTP)
You can find the triggering event code and when it occurred by viewing the System Messages on the Status page for this installation. System Messages are indicated with an * next to the Status.
- Check your installation’s time-offset configuration is correct. You can change these settings on your installation’s Gallery Settings > Edit Page under Time Zone & Weather Settings.
- Updating to the latest firmware can improve system behaviour. Contact our Support Team to update the firmware remotely.
- Use the camera settings menu to set the correct camera timezone, time and date. To access camera settings;
- Mach II and Pro: Switch the controller to SETUP/Camera test mode.
- Mini: Switch the controller to Camera test mode, and the camera to ON.
- When the timezone and time/date are set on the camera, turn the camera OFF, and turn it back ON. This step ensures the settings are saved by the camera (With Mini X-A2/X-A3 you can leave the camera OFF).
- Mini Only: To prevent the camera losing its time settings when powered off overnight, the internal capacitor in camera may need to be charged. Keep the camera in test/setup mode for a few hours with a fully charged battery or on AC power.
Configure your Mini to leave the camera ON for longer at each interval. This allows the internal camera capacitor to charge a small amount. You can change these settings on your installation’s Capture Config Page under ‘When to take photos’ section. We recommend setting the interval between 45 – 90 seconds.